Monday 17 March 2014

Golf Day

Well done everyone for a wonderful Golf Day!!!

An extra big thank you to Gerry who worked very hard and organised us all to create a very smoothly run day.  Of the golfers I spoke to they all had a great day.

The Caloundra City Real Estate Team were extremely happy about their win.

Carolyn Thompson from STEMM was extremely happy to receive such a generous cheque. 

Thanks again for a great day.
Deb

 



Well, what a great day we had on Sunday.

Everything went pretty much according to plan, the weather was fantastic and there were a lot of satisfied players both during the day and after the prizes presentations.

Firstly I have to say that I have received quite a few congratulations for my involvement in this great event.

I certainly am very happy with the way everything went and the end result- probably close to $7500 profit- however I have to point out that this was a CLUB event and everyone helped out in so many ways.

. I have been personally congratulated and was presented with a fantastic gift of a box of lovely ripe figs- a luxury that I would never have bought for myself. But I am very pleased to point out that I was merely part of a committee- with John , Graham, and Deb.

These are the ones who gave more than just assistance, they took the weight off me and let me play on my computer.

I am merely the noisy one who overshadowed the other members of our committee, who had the job of playing on my computer keeping my word processing , Excel and Publisher skills up to speed. The administrative duties to me are quite enjoyable so it is no big deal.

I feel humbled by the thanks proffered to me when John, Graham & Deb were so very instrumental in the success of the Charity Golf Day. (And I have to add that as a bonus, Pauline was attached to John at most times and was indispensable.)

So I ask the club to acknowledge the considerable efforts by these 3, Deb, Graham & John without whose expertise and really hard work, the Golf Day would not have happened.THEY deserve a big thank you and loud applause from members.

Now on behalf of the Committee I would like to thank all members of the Club for the effort and assistance given by everybody over the past 3 months.

Everybody who was able to, willingly assisted in the success by phoning prospects, seeking prizes, and working on the day.  We would not have obtained so many sponsors and prizes nor had such a smooth running day,  nor had as successful a presentation evening had we not had so much effort by our club's members. It really was a combined club effort.

I don't want to single out individual members for particular effort, everyone did what they could do. But I do have to extend out thanks to Bernie & Ron & Keith for their time slaving over a hot BBQ for 3 hours to feed the masses- Thanks very much a great effort which is appreciated by all, including the Golfers.

It is very difficult not to thank individuals,but I find that I can't escape  mentioning
Judy- for making and supplying and cooking all those sausage rolls
Darryl and Mark and Graham for extracting so many valuable prizes from so many people- It makes for a successful Golf Day NEXT year.
Iain for his prawns
All others worked for hours selling, registering, wagering, setting up prizes, working in the kitchen and distributing food, marshalling players, photographing.
and my lovely Jan for her patience with me when I forgot dinner.

A really fantastic team effort- made a wonderfully successful day.

Just talking to the "Energex" guys I gathered they will have 2 business associates fielding next year.  So NEXT year is already being talked about.

So I just want to say again thank you to everybody-

The players enjoyed the day, and the presentation of prizes.
I enjoyed the day- I feel sure that everyone involved enjoyed the day.

We raised around $8000

People are already talking about next year.

So all in all an unqualified success.

Thank you all and congratulations of a successful event.

Gerry Swan
One of the committee.


--
Graham Baker -John Hanley- Deb Taylor.Gerry Swan
Rotary Club of Caloundra.
Golf Day Committee
P O Box 205,
Caloundra Qld 4551
Phone
Graham 07 54924477 / 0403 138829
John      0408 298 685
Gerry     07 5492 8867 / 0409 480019
email: rotarycaloundragolfday@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment